Accounting Projects Reporting Business Partner
GBP47,300 - GBP60,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Based in our ServCo Performance team and reporting to the Senior Project Reporting Manager, your role will focus on quality financial reporting for change activity across the organisation. Additionally, you will support various change related committees with forecasting and invoicing on a monthly basis.
As our Projects Reporting Business Partner, you will be:
- Delivering a monthly operational progress and financial reporting to the Operations Committee and the Phoenix Management Board for all projects and change initiatives
- Independently collating, analysing and interpreting information, including financial data for management reporting and decision-making purposes in a timely manner
- Supporting the development of enhanced MI to assist the Change Delivery team and Operations Committee improve the evaluation of the project portfolio financials
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders, facilitating communication and resolving relevant issues and risk
- Using your effective stakeholder engagement skills to support the Project Reporting Manager and Senior Project Reporting Manager in identifying trends and reviewing/challenging forecast and actual spend for individual projects within the change portfolio throughout their lifecycle
You will also contribute by actively supporting month end and budgeting processes to ensure timely and accurate financials and MI and ensure the preparation of high quality working papers and audit trails for appropriate Governance Committees, primarily the Operations Committee.
What we are looking for:
Accustomed to delivering accurate outputs, on a right first-time basis, you should be a fully qualified and commercially astute accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a background of working within regulated organisations, who can demonstrate:
- Strong planning skills with experience of running an annual operating plan and budget process
- A detailed understanding of change management frameworks and experience of working within a project driven environment
- Strong commercial and business awareness
- System savvy, experience of using Oracle and TM1 is desirable
- Strong Excel modelling skills with good MS Office skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence, communicate effectively and to explain accountancy terms to non-accountants
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been one of Britain's Top Employers for the last 6 consecutive years. We are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent reward schemes???we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do and we offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 2nd August 2017.