Environment Officer (HSEQ)
6 days left
- Full Time
Environment Officer (HSEQ)
If you have a wealth of experience within safety / environment management, this role will provide the perfect career opportunity to continue your professional development as part of a reputable, fast growing engineering business.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva';
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
So, what will the role of Environment Officer entail?
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, you will drive the development of a proactive, responsive and qualitative environmental monitoring and improvement function, which supports the business in all related matters and aligns with Arriva TrainCare compliance plans, accreditations and statutory requirements. You will also support the Quality and Safety compliance functions as required.
What will I need to be considered for this Environment Officer vacancy?
- Proven experience within safety / environment management, ideally gained in a rail or engineering sector
- Excellent standard of education, as a minimum a NEBOSH certificate or equivalent
- Formal training in ISO 14001:2015 systems and certified as an ISO 14001 internal auditor
- Experience handling environmental incident investigations
- Superb knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and best practice
- Experience formulating, implementing and revising environmental policies and procedures
- Well-disciplined, considerate and approachable
- Ability to work collaboratively and provide helpful support
- A full valid driving licence and willingness to travel
What will I receive in return?
Salary: circa. £33,000 per annum
Attractive benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare voucher scheme.
Working Hours: 37.5 hrs per week, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Crewe (Cheshire)
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Environment Officer (HSEQ) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Environment Officer (HSEQ)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly