Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced and proactive Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the professional and quality focused Finance team at Arriva TrainCare. If you'd thrive utilising your high level of attention to detail and superb organisational skills, as part of a reputable, leading company then read on.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva';
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
So, what will the role of Purchase Ledger Clerk entail?
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you'll work as part of the company's busy Finance team taking responsibility for the efficient and accurate processing of the purchase ledger. Tasks include;
- Posting supplier invoices onto SAP Business One
- Liaising with the Procurement team and maintaining invoice query processes
- Processing payment runs
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Analysing expenses
- Assisting with overhead analysis and producing KPIs for departmental reporting
What will I need to be considered for this Purchase Ledger Clerk vacancy?
- Proven experience within a busy accounts function maintaining a purchase ledger
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), and SAP (or equivalent)
- Good standard of education, high level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- A proactive nature and the ability to work effectively using own initiative
- Accurate and timely data entry skills
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Attractive benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare voucher scheme.
Working Hours: Full time. 37.5 hrs per week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Crewe (Cheshire)
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Purchase Ledger Clerk vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva Traincare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva Traincare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Purchase Ledger Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly