What is it like to work at Fourth?
We pride ourselves on the culture we have created and we work hard to ensure this is never compromised. Fourth is a place where our people want to work; where they enjoy and develop in their roles; where our people pull together to work as a team and ultimately be a company we are all proud to be a part of. We even asked our people what they loved about working here and the highest response was "the people"! Want to know how our current employees describe Fourth? Here are just a few of the words used: fun, relaxed, ambitious, supportive, challenging, professional, and enjoyable. As well as that, here are some quotes from our current people:
"I like working at Fourth because??? Fourth is a unique business, with a unique culture! Each and every day is a collaborative effort of all 350 team members to deliver market-leading, best in class SAAS products to challenging international clients. Fourth has an ethos of nurturing the potential of its most valuable resource, our people, with leaders empowered to implement business change and drive our high performance culture."
Benjamin Lee, Head of Projects USA
"I like working at Fourth because???you have the opportunity to influence lots of aspects-not just your job and career but also the company culture and its success as well as our customers success. Every day I still find a new challenge and learn something new- after nearly 7 years."
Caroline Ellis, People System Service Manager
The role of Payroll Specialist encompasses all aspects of day to day payroll. A Payroll Specialist processes payrolls for their own portfolio of customers and is responsible for the completion of all tasks and projects required to meet bureau metrics targets and bureau Service Level Agreement.
- To process and deliver customer payrolls and manage RTI processes accurately and on time
- Excellent Service delivery
- End to End Payroll Administration
- Customer Lifetime Loyalty
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of current statutory legislation.
- To administer all payrolls within a set portfolio of customers, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time to achieve bureau targets;
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships and provide customer service according to the Bureau Service Definition and Service Level Agreement;
- Ensure all data is received from the customer on time and all output is delivered to the customer in line with bureau METRICS targets;
- Complete all aspects of payroll reconciliation including:
- Payroll reconciliation of FPS, EPS, Tax balances and Payroll;
- Resolve HMRC queries;
- Manage and resolve HMRC payment disputes;
- Reconciliation following additional changes resulting in roll backs, Earlier Year Update submissions, alteration and resubmission of RTI files as required;
- Ensure payrolls balance at all times.
- Respond to customer telephone or email queries and take appropriate action within Service Level Agreement;
- Highlight and escalate/respond to any matter that may affect the smooth running of customer payrolls;
- Ensure customer Payroll Procedures manual is kept up to date with current processes;
- Send Annual Timetable communication regarding Easter, Christmas and Start of Year pay dates;
- Ensure Payroll Timetable is kept up to date and adhered to by Fourth and by customer;
- Send communications to customers regarding HMRC and payroll legislation and Fourth policies;
- Communicate to customers regarding Quarterly NPS Survey ;
- Provide information as necessary to statutory bodies;
- Maintain knowledge of current statutory legislation through self-learning and Fourth training sessions;
- To assist and cover other team members payrolls in the event of holidays and absences;
- To ensure payrolls are handed over to alternative Payroll Specialist during time away from the office;
- Carry out other duties as required to fulfil the role.
Fourth is no ordinary software business. Fundamentally, we believe happiness drives success not the other way round. That is why instead of trying to simply 'retain' employees we focus our energy on creating an environment and ethos that inspires people to deliver their best work every day. We know the sum of all our efforts is greater than the individual parts which is why we pull together to be a company of which we can all be proud.
By developing innovative products, building relationships with our customers and enabling great careers, we are focused on building lifetime loyalty between Fourth, our customers and each other. When recruiting, we look for those who want to join our journey - those that will naturally thrive with us because our values are also their values. Whilst we attract people from all corners of the world and backgrounds, the glue that binds us together is energy, enthusiasm, ambition professionalism and care. In simple terms, we look for people who want to be that bit better at what they do every day and help us achieve the same. Working at Fourth provides an opportunity to build a successful career where you will develop, be challenged and grow immensely, in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
When putting together our benefits package we asked our current employees what was important to them so we could offer a competitive program that catered for everyone's needs. We therefore have a great Wellness (health, dental, vision) package, a generous holiday and pension package, a cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan and great parenting benefits. We are always reviewing this package for continuous improvements so watch this space!
As mentioned above, the development of our employees is absolutely key for us as a business. We want people to naturally thrive at Fourth but we also want to offer comprehensive learning and development to increase employee's skill sets for the future. We recently launched a fantastic learning, development and reward program called House of Excellence which has been a great success comprising of skills academies for both soft and technical development, reward and recognition and a management training program.